DDPai Mini 5 True 4K Wifi GPS 64gb dashcam
This brand new DDPai Mini 5 is the new 'flagship' dashcam model from DDPai. It films in super sharp True 4K Ultra HD quality through the Sony Starvis IMX415 8.0MP image sensor. Besides this image quality, the DDPai is equipped with Wifi, GPS and has 64gb eMMC memory built in so you no longer need a MicroSD card.
Sony 4K UHS with 8.0MP CMOS sensor
The DDPai Mini 5 records videos with True 4K resolution, which is four times as much as FullHD recordings. Despite the super image quality, the data consumption remains limited by the latest H.265 compression technology. The MicroSD card is therefore not burdened more than with dashcams with lesser image quality. The image sensor is the Sony Starvis IMX415, which is known for its excellent performance in the dark.
64gb eMMC internal memory
Unique to this DDPai Mini 5 is the durable and innovative internal 64gb eMMC memory. eMMC (Embedded Multimedia Card) is a new way of file storage where the memory is incorporated into the device. eMMC eliminates the need for an external SD card and is also much more durable than regular SD cards. According to DDPai, the lifetime of the Mini 5 is ten times longer than regular SD cards due to the use of eMMC.
DDPai 5GHz Wifi
This DDPai Mini 5 is equipped with 5GHz Wifi and can therefore be used with the DDPai app. The user-friendly app is convenient to operate and can be used to view live or saved images and to change settings. Any firmware updates can also be conveniently performed via the App. 5GHz guarantees the fastest file transfer.
Note: The DDPai Mini 5 does not support 2.4GHz Wifi. With a phone or tablet without 5GHz support it is therefore not possible to connect to this dashcam.
The DDPai Mini 5 has GPS built in, this saves the locations of the places where you have filmed and the current speed is displayed at the bottom of the screen. With the special software of DDPai the driven routes can also be viewed on the PC.
Automatic Time Lapse parking mode
The DDPai Mini 5 has a convenient automatic parking mode that can be used to secure the car when parked. The parking mode is automatically activated when no movement is detected for 15 minutes. The parking mode works with Time Lapse, which means that every second a picture is taken which can later be played back as fast motion video. The advantage of a parking mode with Time Lapse is that the recordings consume much less data and power than normal recordings. In addition, persons and license plates are still recognizable in the image.
Note: The (automatic) parking mode only works in combination with the optional 'DDPai Mini 5 Continuous Power Supply' to provide power to the dashcam when the ignition is turned off.
The clever design of this DDPai Mini 5 makes installation and use of the dashcam very easy. The holder sticks to the windshield and the camera simply slides into the holder. Removal of the dashcam after driving is therefore a piece of cake.
Super capacitor battery
The DDPai Mini 5 is equipped with a super capacitor battery. This battery ensures that the camera can shut down properly after a power failure. Super capacitor batteries have been specially developed for use in dashcams because they are more durable than regular Polymer Li-ion batteries and are also more resistant to high and low temperatures.
The ADAS system on this DDPai Mini 5 is a built-in Advanced Driver Assistant System. This system supports the driver while driving in three ways:
FCWS: 'Forward Collision Warning System'. This system provides a warning when a vehicle in front is approached at high speed. For example, the system alerts when there is a traffic jam in front of the car. With a good GPS signal, the current speed is known and the camera can make a good estimate of the situation around the car.
LDWS: "Lane Departure Warning System". When the car is about to change lanes on the highway the camera can give a signal.
FVSA: Forward Vehicle Start Alarm. Do you sometimes forget to pay attention when you are standing at a traffic light? This system gives a warning when a vehicle in front starts to move, for example at a traffic light or in a traffic jam.
*Depending on the type of road, the ADAS system works better in some locations than on others. On narrow roads, for example, the LDWS system can issue an alert faster than on wide roads.
The DDPai Mini 5 is equipped with WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) to improve image quality. Especially in conditions of very high or very low light, WDR ensures that the image quality is still good.
140˚ wideview lens
This Mini 5 has a wide-angle lens of 140 degrees. This allows a very large area to be observed, not only in front of the car but also in the surrounding area. The aspect ratio of 16:10 also increases the viewing angle even more than other dashcams with a ratio of, for example, 3:4.
The DDPai Mini 5 dashcam automatically starts filming when the car is started and stops filming when the car is turned off. So you don't have to worry about it anymore when it is hanging in the car.
With the built-in G-sensor, the dashcam notices when you have had an accident. On impact, images are automatically stored securely so they are not lost. They can not be overwritten or deleted via the dashcam.
Low Voltage cut-off protection
The DDPai Mini 5 in combination with the DDPai Mini 5 continuous power supply has the option to set a voltage at which the dashcam shuts down when the car battery falls below this voltage. The voltage can be set to 12.4V, 12.0V and 11.8V.
The DDPai Mini 5 has a built-in microphone so that sound is also recorded. The microphone can also be turned off if desired.
Date and time registration
The current time and date are always displayed on screen so that you can later see at what time the respective recordings were made.
- Video quality
- True 4K (3840p)
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- automatic (after turning off the ignition)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Memory type
- Intern eMMC 64gb
- Power supply
- Super capacitor
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- Image sensor
- Sony Starvis IMX415
- Hisilicon 3559 V200
- 3.8*3.2*11.0 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- DDpai Mini 5
Dual USB adapter
USB cable (5 meter)
- Posted by: Spjc D. on 31 January 2023Good 4K dash cam
- Posted by: Jesse H. on 6 September 2022Nice product. Fast installation and beautiful sharp images
- Posted by: Alain D. on 16 May 2022Very satisfied with this dashcam. Beautiful image and very easy to use!
- Posted by: Peter B. on 7 May 2022Very nice camera. Clear picture with many nice features. The only minus point I can find ... The indicated lane change and distance to the next vehicle do not work in the app. But otherwise a nice thing for this price.
- Posted by: Paul G. on 9 April 2022Very helpful, service great
- Posted by: Weli on 16 March 2021Super nice images Just spent a week, it takes some getting used to with built-in memory. Highly recommended.
- Posted by: Marcel on 1 March 2021Nice dashcam, with optional connection cable, easy to connect to the fuse box of the car. Good quality image both during the day and at night. Memory is a bit on the small side for the 4k resolution. The motion sensor to deter...Nice dashcam, with optional connection cable, easy to connect to the fuse box of the car. Good quality image both during the day and at night. Memory is a bit on the small side for the 4k resolution. The motion sensor to determine whether an accident has happened is too sensitive, it goes off at every threshold, even at the least sensitive setting. This may be resolved with a software update. All in all a pleasant dashcam, good quality image and relatively cheap. As far as I'm concerned, a recommendation.Read moreRead less