What is the use of Wifi on a dashcam?
Dashcams with Wifi broadcast a Wifi signal to which you can connect with your phone or tablet. Every dashcam brand has their own app for iOS or Android, each with different functionality. The most basic apps give you the following options:
- Seeing live recordings
- Seeing and downloading recorded videos
- Changing recording type (Normal/Parking).
- Changing other basic settings
- Formatting SD card
The more advanced, usually dedicated branded apps, can allow for more functions like the following:
- Instant sharing of videos on Social media
- Downloading and updating latest firmware
- Changing advanced settings
- Contacting support
Please check your dashcam's manual for supported functions.