Viofo A129 Pro 2CH Duo 4K Wifi GPS dashcam
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K GPS is the updated version of the A129 Duo with beautiful 4K resolution on the front and Full HD at the rear. In addition to the image quality, this Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K GPS is equipped with super fast and stable Dual-Band Wifi (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz), it comes with a GPS mount included and there is the possibility to operate it with an optional Bluetooth SOS button.
Dual 4K + Full HD recordings
Because the Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K GPS is equipped with two cameras, this dashcam can record both in front of and behind the car. The front dashcam records with 4K resolution in 3840 x 2160p 30fps and the rear with 1080p Full HD 30fps. The rear camera is connected to the front camera with a long supplied cable of 6 meters. The images from the rear camera are stored separately on the SD card. On the 2.0 inch LCD screen, the rear camera is displayed on one quarter of the screen via PiP (Picture in Picture).
The Viofo A129 Pro Duo 4K GPS is equipped with dual-band WiFi, making the file transfer very fast and the network very reliable. The images can be viewed and downloaded directly via WiFi on every iOS and Android phone and tablet via the Viofo App.
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has a built-in GPS receiver. The current speed is shown in every video and the coördinates are stored on the SD card. Using the available software for Windows and Mac the videos can be shown together with the locations and G-sensor activity. Dashcam Viewer is currently the most reliable and best tested software for this purpose.
Automatic buffered parking mode
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS features an automatic buffered parking mode when it’s installed with the Viofo hardwire kit. The parking mode has three settings:
Event detection: The dashcam will be on stand-by. When a motion of vibration is detected, a video containing the 15 seconds prior and 30 second after the event will be stored on the SD card.
Time lapse: The dashcam makes a continuous 2fps 720p recording.
Low bitrate recording: a normal recording but with a lower bitrate, thus reducing the amount of data being stored on the SD card.
Optional CPL filter
The Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has the option to mount a CPL filter on both the front and rear lens (see accessories). A CPL filter is like polaroid sunglasses for your eyes, it filters harmful radiation and also reduces reflections in the video. The video gets clearer, especially when recording in sunny or very light environments.
Optional Bluetooth SOS button
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS can work with an optional adhesive Bluetooth emergency button. One press on this button makes a snapshot and saves the current video file as an emergency file so it cannot be erased.
2.0 inch LCD screen
The compact but bright 2.4 inch LCD screen on this Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS lets you see the current and saved recordings and makes the menu easily accessible. The A129 Pro Duo GPS has an optional screensaver that activates after 3 minutes as to not distract the driver too much.
This A129 Pro Duo GPS is placed on the windscreen with a firm adhesive mount that doubles as the GPS receiver. This clever design allows for a clean installation, great GPS reception and videos with little to no vibration. The mount stays on the windscreen and the dashcam can be slid in and out of it easily. Extra mounts are available if you want to use the camera in more than one vehicle (see accessories).
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has an AV out port that can be used to show the dashcam’s screen on a remote monitor, like a built-in monitor in the dashboard of the car.
256gb Micro SD support
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS supports Micro SD cards up to 256gb (not included). 256gb stores about 32 to 48 hours of FullHD 1080p 30fps recordings.
The Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has a 140˚ wide view ‘fish-eye’ lens at the front and rear to make sure a big area around the car is visible and captured.
The Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has a super capacitor instead of a normal battery. Super capacitors are more durable and reliable than Li-ion batteries. They have a longer lifespan and perform better in very high or low temperatures. Note that capacitors only store power for a very short time, meaning that the camera will immediately turn off when the power it turned off and cannot be used without a power source.
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS is equipped with loop recording so the dashcam will keep recording even when the SD card is full. Videos are stored in short files of 3, 5 or 10 minutes, when the SD card is full the oldest file will be automatically deleted so there is space for a new file. This way you are sure the last period of time is stored on the SD card, the length of this period depending on the size of the SD card.
When powered by the cigarette power plug, the Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS will start recording automatically when the car is turned on and will stop recording when the car is turned off. Note that this function will only work in cars that provide power trough the cigarette port when the ignition is on. When power is also provided when the ignition is off, the A129 Pro Duo GPS will stay on and has to be turned on and off manually.
The built-in G-sensor in this Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS registers when you have an accident and in that case saves the current file in a special emergency folder on the SD card. Files in this folder cannot be erased by the loop recording.
This Viofo A129 Pro Duo GPS has a built-in microphone. The microphone can be muted in the menu.
Date and time registration
The current time and date of the recordings are visible in the lower corner of the videos. This setting can also be turned off in the menu.
- Video quality
- 4K + Full HD
- Night vision
- Very good
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- 2.0 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (contact)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 256gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Mini USB
- Super capacitor
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- Image sensor
- 8.0MP Sony Exmor R
- 5.0*9.0*3.5 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- Viofo A129 Pro 4K front camera
Viofo A129 Full HD rear camera
Connection cable (5m)
Adhesive GPS mount front
Adhesive mount rear
Dual USB adapter
USB cable (4m)
3M sticker front and rear
- Posted by: Robert R. on 18 January 2023Installation facility. Bonne qualité, Bonne definition d'images. Bien choisir la rapidité de la carte sd est important.
- Posted by: Erik G. on 9 November 2022I'm not sure yet how and when the images will be saved. It indicates via the app that there are no recorded images yet. I would like an explanation about this.
- Posted by: Ronald B. on 13 May 2022We had the A119 for this, which we were really happy with. For the price really super clear image and a very handy shape to mount inconspicuously in the car. But we wanted a dashcam that also films the back. That is why we cho...We had the A119 for this, which we were really happy with. For the price really super clear image and a very handy shape to mount inconspicuously in the car. But we wanted a dashcam that also films the back. That is why we chose this dashcam and we are very happy with this one too! Highly recommended!
- Posted by: G.j. R. on 12 May 2022very clear image, on both cameras
- Posted by: Rudi D. on 17 February 2022Works great. Being able to set everything up via WiFi is also a plus
- Posted by: Alec R. on 6 February 2022Perfect dash cam
- Posted by: Mauri on 28 March 2021Good camera, easy to use. App is not perfect but good enough.
- Posted by: Richard on 16 March 2021Ordered Dashcam after doing extensive research on YouTube and forums. The first thing you notice is the packaging, everything is very neatly packed (ala Apple) and looks solid at first. Before installing everything I first con...Ordered Dashcam after doing extensive research on YouTube and forums. The first thing you notice is the packaging, everything is very neatly packed (ala Apple) and looks solid at first. Before installing everything I first connected everything and disconnected cables, this way I could test everything and see where the dashcam fit best. Installation is easy for anyone to do, but correct cabling does require careful management. Make sure that you pass the cables in your A-pillar and wherever behind your airbags and do not cross them in order not to adversely affect their operation. What I had a little doubt about was the second cam at the rear, I have the darkest tinted glass (sedan) there is and can barely see through it myself. After installation it was almost impossible to see on screen that it is tinted and a crystal clear image. If this is still too dark, you can adjust the EV value per camera to make the image lighter. The front is 4K and that is very clear to see. Back is 1080 but also very clear. User menu is easy and is clear after playing once. The WiFi connection is stable and very fast due to my previous netgear, images are immediately displayed and downloading is also fast. (Used in combination with iPhone XS and 6S) Exported to a MacBook, the image may stutter and skip, this appears to be due to the codec of H264, this can be solved by changing the codec to H265. On YouTube this can be found under a129 4K Apple codec. All in all I am very satisfied and the price / quality ratio is perfect. Why not 5 stars then? What I personally find disturbing are the connectors on the base of the dashcam front, the cam slides / clicks into it from right to left, the power supply plug is then neatly on the top of the base, unfortunately the plug of the rear camera is not incorporated in the base but in the dashcam itself, on the right side. This is difficult to get rid of and limits you when placing the camera to the right side of your interior mirror in my case. If I were to place it on the left, I can no longer clock the camera off the base because it will hit my rear view mirror. Apart from this personal thing, I definitely recommend the camera, good image, fast download via WiFi and neatly concealed by the model. Quality is certainly comparable to the much more expensive blackvue only at a fraction of the price.
- Posted by: Eric on 24 December 2020Great dashcam that does what it should do. I pointed the second camera to the right of the blind spot of my truck. You can easily stream the images to your mobile phone. Camera stops recording after a long period of inactivity...Great dashcam that does what it should do. I pointed the second camera to the right of the blind spot of my truck. You can easily stream the images to your mobile phone. Camera stops recording after a long period of inactivity and automatically resumes recording with movement; you can see this by three red LEDs. Already used once as a witness in a collision. Allcam sent it nice and fast. René - Allcam: Dear Eric, thank you for your review. Very nice to hear that you are happy with your purchase and that you have already been able to use it as proof.
- Posted by: Frank on 20 June 2020First dash am. Nice to confirm with the sticker. Only starting up takes a little longer.
- Posted by: Frank on 13 March 2020+ very good quality image. + A desktop application to view and organize the videos would be great. - The camera does get very hot. - Less intelligence than competition