Viofo A119 V3 Quad HD GPS dashcam
Quad HD+ 1600p 30fps videos
This amazing Viofo 119 V3 GPS records videos in Quad HD+ 2560x1600p 30fps. Is has a high-end Sony STARVIS IMX335 image sensor and powerful processor. The image ratio in 1600p is 16:10, making it a wide screen video like in a movie. Because of the 5.0MP sensor the videos in dark environments are also highly detailed and bright. The resolution can also be set lower, like 1080p 30fps.
This dashcam is fitted with Sony’s STARVIS IMX335 image sensor. Sony STARVIS is currently one of the best performing low-light image sensors on the market.
Automatic buffered parking mode
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS features an automatic buffered parking mode when it’s installed with the Viofo hardwire kit. The parking mode has three settings:
Event detection: The dashcam will be on stand-by. When a motion of vibration is detected, a video containing the 15 seconds prior and 30 second after the event will be stored on the SD card.
Time lapse: The dashcam makes a continuous 2fps 720p recording.
Low bitrate recording: a normal recording but with a lower bitrate, thus reducing the amount of data being stored on the SD card.
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS has a built-in GPS receiver in the mount. The current speed is shown in every video and the coördinates are stored on the SD card. Using the availble software for Windows and Mac the videos can be shown together with the locations and G-sensor activity. Dashcamviewer is currently the most reliable and best tested open source software for this purpose.
There is an optional extra V3 GPS receiver available in case you want to use the dashcam in more than one vehicle, see accessories.
Optional CPL filter
The Viofo 119 V3 GPS has the option to mount a CPL filter (see accessories). A CPL filter is like polaroid sunglasses for your eyes, it filters harmful radiation and also reduces reflections in the video. The video gets clearer, especially when recording in sunny or very light environments.
2.0 inch LCD screen
The compact but bright 2.0 inch LCD screen on this Viofo 119 V3 GPS lets you see the current and saved recordings and makes the menu easily accessible. The 119 V3 GPS has an optional screensaver that activates after 3 minutes as to not distract the driver too much.
This 119 V3 GPS is placed on the windscreen with a firm adhesive mount that doubles as the GPS receiver. This clever design allows for a clean installation, great GPS reception and videos with little to no vibration. The mount stays on the windscreen and the dashcam can be slid in and out of it easily. Extra mounts are available if you want to use the camera in more than one vehicle (see accessories).
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS has an AV out port that can be used to show the dashcam’s screen on a remote monitor, like a built-in monitor in the dashboard of the car.
256gb Micro SD support
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS supports Micro SD cards up to 256gb (not included). 256gb stores about 32 to 48 hours of FullHD 1080p 30fps recordings.
The Viofo 119 V3 GPS has a 140˚ wide view ‘fish-eye’ lens to make sure a big area around the car is visible and captured.
The Viofo 119 V3 GPS has a super capacitor instead of a normal battery. Super capacitors are more durable and reliable than Li-ion batteries. They have a longer lifespan and perform better in very high or low temperatures. Note that capacitors only store power for a very short time, meaning that the camera will immediately turn off when the power it turned off and cannot be used without a power source.
The Viofo 119 V3 GPS has the option to make pictures. The picture mode can be accessed by longer pressing the Menu button and the pictures are stored on the SD card in a separate folder.
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS is equipped with loop recording so the dashcam will keep recording even when the SD card is full. Videos are stored in short files of 3, 5 or 10 minutes, when the SD card is full the oldest file will be automatically deleted so there is space for a new file. This way you are sure the last period of time is stored on the SD card, the length of this period depending on the size of the SD card.
When powered by the cigarette power plug, the Viofo 119 V3 GPS will start recording automatically when the car is turned on and will stop recording when the car is turned off. Note that this function will only work in cars that provide power trough the cigarette port when the ignition is on. When power is also provided when the ignition is off, the 119 V3 GPS will stay on and has to be turned on and off manually.
The built-in G-sensor in this Viofo 119 V3 GPS registers when you have an accident and in that case saves the current file in a special emergency folder on the SD card. Files in this folder cannot be erased by the loop recording.
This Viofo 119 V3 GPS has a built-in microphone. The microphone can be muted in the menu.
Date and time registration
The current time and date of the recordings are visible in the lower corner of the videos. This setting can also be turned off in the menu.
- Video quality
- Quad HD+ (1600p)
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- 2.0 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (contact)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 256gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Mini USB
- Super capacitor
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- No rear camera
- Image sensor
- Sony Starvis IMX335
- 5.0*9.0*3.5 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
Viofo A119 V3 dashcam
Dual USB cigarette plug
USB power cable (4 meter)
USB data cable
Cable clips (5x)
- Posted by: Hetman H. on 21 October 2022Very clear recordings, for a nice price.
- Posted by: Edris R. on 7 May 2022Not the greatest dashcam in nighttime, but overall, Amazing! It records perfectly in daytimes!
- Posted by: Samuel on 28 March 2021Perfect everything you want and good quality
- Posted by: Ye on 23 February 2021Delivered super fast, product itself is great. Assortment is wide, next time I will order here again! René - Allcam: Glad to hear that you are satisfied, thank you for your review!
- Posted by: Tatiana on 10 January 2021SUPER. René - Allcam: Glad you are satisfied Tatiana, thank you for your review!
- Posted by: W.p on 31 October 2020Difficult to see car display due to slope of windshield. Otherwise ok
- Posted by: Martin on 31 August 2020Compact model. Does what it should do, no damage yet :) Minus: .TS files are not easy to play on the PC at home, included software support would be desirable.
- Posted by: Gerald on 29 July 2020Read a LOT of reviews and watched videos, this one came out as a winner, especially in dark situations, it also displays the colors most faithfully, all of course in the same price range, and the service from Allcam is great!
- Posted by: Kees on 22 July 2020I am very satisfied with this dashcam A119 V3, it does its job well, only at the beginning of the installation I had problems reading the English manual, but with the help of you tube it was soon solved!
- Posted by: Theo on 31 May 2020Our first dash cam. Ordered this Viofo A119V3 with GPS following very positive reviews on Youtube. This is by far the best dashcam in this price range according to experts. That is not a word too much! What a great camera imag...Our first dash cam. Ordered this Viofo A119V3 with GPS following very positive reviews on Youtube. This is by far the best dashcam in this price range according to experts. That is not a word too much! What a great camera image and sound. The menu options also leave nothing to be desired. We are very happy with this camera!
- Posted by: Henk on 22 March 2020Nice and clear image, small and does not stand out. Really works great. Price and quality really good. Really good from various reviews
- Posted by: H.m. on 9 March 2020Does what it's supposed to do, doesn't stand out. Good quality/price ratio. Also works on a good power bank (Anker). Use it for "on the safe side" in case something happens. not for holiday trips.