ThiEye Carview 4 4K Full Mirror Touch GPS dashcam
ThiEye introduces with this Carview 4 the first Full Mirror dashcam with Ultra 4K resolution. Because of this extremely good image quality, all details around the car are recorded. Besides the good image quality, this dashcam comes very complete with GPS receiver and all necessary materials for installation.
Ultra 4K + 1080p
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K Full Mirror films with very good 4K quality on the front and FullHD on the back. Because of the Sony sensor, the images are very clear even in the dark. The rear camera is waterproof and is connected to the front camera with a long supplied cable of 7.5 meters and also receives power through this cable, so no additional power supply is needed.
Full Mirror design
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K is a uniquely designed 2CH dashcam and can be placed over any interior mirror with the included rubber holders. With its large 10-inch Touchscreen LCD screen, this makes it a high-quality digital interior mirror. The rear camera is fully and very clearly displayed on the large screen and with one 'swipe' on the screen it is possible to switch between the front and rear camera.
At the touch of a button, the screen can also be turned off or put into "standby" mode where time and date are displayed. In this way, the Carview 4 4K functions again as a normal interior mirror.
Dashcam + parking aid
Due to its convenient design and rear camera, the ThiEye Carview 4 4K is also ideal for use as a parking aid when parking. The rear camera comes with an extra cable that can be connected to the power supply of the reversing light. If the car is put into reverse, this automatically displays the rear camera large in picture along with parking aid indicators.
Including GPS module
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K comes with external GPS module that tracks the speed and coordinates of the places filmed. This allows the current speed to be displayed on screen and the route traveled to be viewed later with the software on the PC. The external GPS module is conveniently concealed by the sticker mounting so that it is hardly noticeable in the car.
170˚ + 170˚ wideview lens
This Carview 4 4K Full Mirror has a wide angle lens of 170 degrees in both cameras. This very large viewing angle ensures that a large area around the car is recorded, even in parking mode.
H.265 HEVC compression
This ThiEye Carview 4 4K stores the super sharp video images on the SD card with the latest H.265 HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding). In short, this means that the dashcam uses less memory than other dashcams while the quality is better. The files are of the best quality but do not take up too much memory on the MicroSD card.
The dashcam can be operated by means of (English) voice control. The following actions can be performed with it:
- 'Lock the video': Store video securely
- 'Take photo': Take photo
- Turn on screen': Turn on the screen
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K Full Mirror dashcam automatically starts filming when the car is started and stops filming when the car is turned off. So you don't have to look at it while it's hanging in the car.
Because of the built-in G-sensor, the dashcam notices when you've been in an accident. Upon impact, images are automatically stored securely so they are not lost. They can no longer be overwritten or deleted via the dashcam.
Automatic Time Lapse parking mode
The ThiEye Carview 4 has a convenient automatic Time Lapse parking mode function to secure the car when it is parked. In this Time Lapse mode, the camera takes a picture every second and later plays it back as a video. This has a distinctive character that makes it appear to be flushed. Because of the Time Lapse mode, the videos do not take up too much space and thus can be recorded for a very long time without filling up the SD card. Combined with the Continuous power supply, the parking mode automatically engages when the car ignition is turned off and normal recording begins again when the car is started.
Note: The AZDome Continuous Power Supply Mini USB 3-wire is required to use parking mode, parking mode cannot be activated manually.
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K has a relatively large 500mAh battery. With this battery, it is theoretically possible to use the dashcam in park mode without the aforementioned continuous power supply. However, the 500mAh battery only allows about 5 minutes of filming without power. So there's a good chance you'll miss an important event when the battery is out of power.
The Carview 4 4K Full Mirror has not only the ability to film but also the option to take photos in 12 megapixels. Useful for capturing the damage after an accident, for example.
The ThiEye Carview 4 4K Full Mirror has a built-in microphone so that sound is also recorded. The microphone can also be turned off if desired.
Date and time recording
The actual time and date are always displayed on the screen so that it can later be shown at what time the corresponding recordings were made.
Handy USB cigarette power supply
This ThiEye Carview 4 4K dashcam comes with a convenient cigarette power supply with extra USB port. The extra USB port can be used for charging other devices such as your cell phone.
- Video quality
- Ultra 4K + 1080p
- Night vision
- External GPS receiver
- Mount type
- Rubber straps
- LCD screen
- 10 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- automatic (after turning off the ignition)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- Image sensor
- Sony 8.0MP CMOS
- 25.8*7.28*2.0 cm
- 2 years
- Hard copy
- What's included?
- ThiEye Carview 4
Rear camera + 2 cables (7.5m + 0.2m)
Rubber straps (4x)
USB Sigarette power supply(3m)
USB SD card reader
- Posted by: J. B. on 25 January 2023In clear sunny weather, the image of the rear camera disappears completely due to the reflection of the people and things present in the cabin. The anti-reflection foil that I have applied to the mirror only partially solves t...In clear sunny weather, the image of the rear camera disappears completely due to the reflection of the people and things present in the cabin. The anti-reflection foil that I have applied to the mirror only partially solves this problem, moreover, the overall image of the mirror is clearly reduced. Overall disappointed in the quality.
- Posted by: Kevin R. on 8 November 2022nice device. giving it only 4 stars because the connections are badly placed. in my car (golf 7 variant) they push against the roof so its harder to turn, adjust the camera. I also have an issue with the G-sensor way to sensit...nice device. giving it only 4 stars because the connections are badly placed. in my car (golf 7 variant) they push against the roof so its harder to turn, adjust the camera. I also have an issue with the G-sensor way to sensitive (could be FW or bad hardware, investigation is running)
- Posted by: Bas M. on 17 October 2022When your mirror is close to the ceiling, the plugs at the top are actually in the way. The picture is astonishingly good. I still have to connect at the back. Everything is very easy to operate with the touchscreen.
- Posted by: Yske on 12 September 2022After advice from Allcam opted for this Carview 4. The images are really very sharp. At first I was afraid that the camera would be too big and conspicuous. It does indeed take some getting used to, but if it sits for a few da...After advice from Allcam opted for this Carview 4. The images are really very sharp. At first I was afraid that the camera would be too big and conspicuous. It does indeed take some getting used to, but if it sits for a few days, it actually works more pleasantly than the existing rear view mirror. Much better view to the rear and no mess on the window. 10 points!