Qvia QR790 WD 2CH Dual Wifi GPS 16gb dashcam
QuadHD 1440p 30fps videos
The front cam of this Qvia QR790 WD 2CH records super sharp QuadHD videos in 1440p 30fps. This QR790 WD 2CH is fitted with Sony’s STARVIS IMX326 image sensor and Ambarella A12 chipset. Sony STARVIS is currently one of the best performing low-light image sensors on the market.
FullHD Sony IMX322 rear camera
Qvia QR790 WD 2CH comes with a high quality FullHD rear camera with Sony IMX322 sensor. The camera is connected to the front camera with a 5 meter long cable (11m also available, see accessories) trough which it sends te video data and gets its power. Both cameras record simultaneously and the video files are stored separately on the same SD card.
WDR Night vision
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has WDR allowing for great Night vision. WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) adjusts the video to the surroundings, making the video more clear and detailed at low light conditions.
UV and optional CPL filter
The Qvia QR790 WD 2CH comes with a 30mm UV filter on the lens and has the option to mount a 30mm CPL filter (see accessories). A CPL filter is like polaroid sunglasses for your eyes, it filters harmful radiation and also reduces reflections in the video. The video gets clearer, especially when recording in sunny or very light environments.
5 Recording types
The Qvia QR790 WD 2CH can record in five different types:
Regular recording: The regular recordings start when the camera is switched on. The recordings are stored on the SD card in fragments of 5 minutes (adjustable). When the SD card is full, the oldest fragments are automatically deleted from the card to make room for new recordings.
Event recording: When an impact is detected by the built-in G-sensor, the camera switches to Event recording and indicates this with a sound. The 10 seconds before and 20 seconds after the impact are stored on the MicroSD card and cannot be deleted by the camera.
Parking recording: When in parking mode, the camera detects movements and will store a 30-second recording on the regular SD card when a movement occurs.
Emergency recording: A manual emergency recording can be started with one press on the button. These 30-second recordings are safely stored on a separate file on the SD card.
Time lapse parking mode: The QR790 WD 2CH supports time-lapse parking recordings. In a time-lapse recording, a picture is taken every second. The pictures can then be watched as a high-speed recording. The big advantage of this type of recording is that it increases the recording time of the camera because the parking videos won't take up much data anymore. With the standard 32 GB card, over 15 hours of time lapse parking videos can be saved.
Qvia’s automatic parking mode
One of the great parts about this QR790 WD 2CH is the automatic parking mode function. The QR790 WD 2CH comes with a 3-wire hardwire cable included. Connect the yellow cable to a continuous power source, the red cable to a switched power source and the black cable to the ground of the car. Now when you turn off the ignition the dashcam will go into parking mode automatically and will start a normal recording when you start the car again. There are two options:
Time lapse: Dashcam makes a continuous 1fps recording.
Motion detection: Dashcam is on stand-by and will make a 30 seconds video when a movement is detected, 10 seconds prior and 20 seconds after detection.
Note: The yellow and red cable are connected differently from other (Chinese) hardwire cables. Normally the red cable is for the continuous power and the yellow for the switched one, for Korean dashcams like this one it’s the other way around.
Qvia ADAS 2.0*
This new ADAS 2.0 system on this Qvia QR790 WD 2CH is a built-in 'Advanced Driver Assistant System'. This system has been upgraded from the last version and supports the driver on three different ways:
FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System. This system gives a warning when a vehicle in front is approached at high speed, for example because of a traffic jam. When the GPS signal is good, the QR790 WD 2CH has the current speed and can give a predictable calculation of the situation around the car.
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System. When the car is about to leave the driving lane, the camera can give a signal to alert the driver.
FVSA: Forward Vehicle Start Alarm. Everyone has one of these moments when you don't really pay attention while waiting in line at a traffic light- or jam. This system warns the driver when the vehicle in front is driving away.
*The ADAS functions better or worse depending on the road situation. On relatively small roads, the LDWS system can give a signal quite quickly.
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has built-in Wifi, enabling wireless video transferring between the camera and your iOS and Android phone or tablet with the available Qvia App. All settings can also be easily changed in the App. The Qvia app is available for free in the Appstore and Google Play store.
Qvia GPS viewer
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has a built-in GPS receiver. The current speed is shown in every video and the coördinates are stored on the SD card. Using the Qvia viewer for Windows and Mac the videos can be shown together with the locations and G-sensor activity. Also more advanced settings can be changed in the viewer. Qvia GPS player is available for download on this Qvia page. Make sure to select the correct model before downloading.
Resists extreme temperatures
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH can resist extreme temperatures between -30˚C and 80˚C. Qvia puts a lot of effort in designing very high quality dashcams, making it one of the most durable brands on the market.
21 spoken languages
Qvia QR790 WD 2CH gives spoken signals and warnings, telling the driver which recording type the camera is in or if any other error occurred. This QR790 WD 2CH has the option to select 21 different languages including most European languages.
Format free function
With the new Qvia format free function the SD card in this QR790 WD 2CH doesn't need to be formatted manually anymore. Where other SD cards need to be formatted every few weeks or months, the QR790 WD 2CH is totally without hassle.
QR790 WD 2CH has as security LED on the camera to show others that your car is protected. The LED can be turned off in the menu if you like.
Hardwire kit included
The Qvia QR790 WD 2CH comes with a Hardwire cable in de box, a cigarette power cable is optional (see accessories). Note that the parking mode function (see below) will only work with the Hardwire cable installed.
Low voltage cut-off prevention
In combination with the Hardwire kit, the Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has a low voltage cut-off prevention to make sure the camera doesn't drain your car's battery when it's parked. The voltage can be set at 11.8V, 12.0V and 12.4V.
This QR790 WD 2CH is placed on the windscreen with a firm adhesive mount that doubles as the GPS receiver. This clever design allows for a clean installation, great GPS reception and videos with little to no vibration. The mount stays on the windscreen and the dashcam can be slid in and out of it easily. Extra mounts are available if you want to use the camera in more than one vehicle (see accessories).
256gb Micro SD support
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH supports Micro SD cards up to 256gb (not included). 256gb stores about 32 to 48 hours of FullHD 1080p 30fps recordings.
The Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has a 120˚ wide view ‘fish-eye’ lens to make sure a big area around the car is visible and captured.
The Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has a super capacitor instead of a normal battery. Super capacitors are more durable and reliable than Li-ion batteries. They have a longer lifespan and perform better in very high or low temperatures. Note that capacitors only store power for a very short time, meaning that the camera will immediately turn off when the power it turned off and cannot be used without a power source.
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH is equipped with loop recording so the dashcam will keep recording even when the SD card is full. Videos are stored in short files of 3, 5 or 10 minutes, when the SD card is full the oldest file will be automatically deleted so there is space for a new file. This way you are sure the last period of time is stored on the SD card, the length of this period depending on the size of the SD card.
When powered by the cigarette power plug, the Qvia QR790 WD 2CH will start recording automatically when the car is turned on and will stop recording when the car is turned off. Note that this function will only work in cars that provide power trough the cigarette port when the ignition is on. When power is also provided when the ignition is off, the QR790 WD 2CH will stay on and has to be turned on and off manually.
The built-in G-sensor in this Qvia QR790 WD 2CH registers when you have an accident and in that case saves the current file in a special emergency folder on the SD card. Files in this folder cannot be erased by the loop recording.
This Qvia QR790 WD 2CH has a built-in microphone. The microphone can be muted in the menu.
Date and time registration
The current time and date of the recordings are visible in the lower corner of the videos. This setting can also be turned off in the menu.
- Video quality
- QuadHD + FullHD
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (contact)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 256gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Super capacitor
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- Image sensor
- Sony STARVIS IMX326
- Ambarella A12
- 11.0*7.5*4.6 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- Qvia QR790 WD 2CH front
FullHD rear camera
Connection cable (5m)
30mm UV filter
3-wire Hardwire cable (4m)
3M sticker (2x)
Qvia 16gb Micro SD MLC
- Posted by: Matthias on 7 February 2023I chose this dashcam over the BlackVue DR750S for the price difference and am glad I did. The videos are superb with the Starvis sensor, specially at night. I love the option to mount a CPL filter as it removes a lot of reflec...I chose this dashcam over the BlackVue DR750S for the price difference and am glad I did. The videos are superb with the Starvis sensor, specially at night. I love the option to mount a CPL filter as it removes a lot of reflections that block the view. The software support could be better because the app lacks some functions like Time zone setting, but Qvia promised to solve this in some recent updates so i'm keeping my fingers crossed.Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Super helder beeld on 7 February 2023- 5 * quality day and night very well
- 5 * lots of features and options (eg ADAS work very well)
- 3 * ease of use is less, the dashcam can not handle larger maps eg 256GB, even though in this specification. The Sam...- 5 * quality day and night very well - 5 * lots of features and options (eg ADAS work very well) - 3 * ease of use is less, the dashcam can not handle larger maps eg 256GB, even though in this specification. The Samsung 256GB card which is recommended by Dashcamdeal in a bundle is not working optimally: filpjes will be saved but you can not play the app for the dashcam crashes over each. Not fun! Movies can be played on the computer when the SD card has the dashcam, but who wants to try to do every time? - 4 * Assembly is always a bit tricky if you want to eliminate all beautiful, but the QVIA QR790 is supplied with anything and everything is good quality. If there are two piggyback fuses had bijgezeten I had given 5 * - 3 * satisfaction. Here I would like a 4 * or 5 * data. but the firmware on the Luke / Qvia website is hopelessly outdated. Support is not responding or h√ © √ © l slow. Support via Dashcamdeal is good will but can not do anything if the parent does not respond ... The app is developed that clunky. The wifi connection to the dashcam is regularly away. Problems with larger SD cards indicating insufficient developed software / firmware, which is a bit unfortunate. At the moment I can only give 3 * for this inconvenience. This dashcam has v√ © √ © l potential and if they get the bugs out of the firmware and the app immediately gets them dashcam me a big 5 * But now I am therefore a little disappointed, hence only 3Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Ferry H. on 4 November 2021Fine camera, What is a pity is that the camera has a connection for a turn signal (direction indicator), but there is no information or a diagram anywhere to find how this should be connected. It makes quite a difference wheth...Fine camera, What is a pity is that the camera has a connection for a turn signal (direction indicator), but there is no information or a diagram anywhere to find how this should be connected. It makes quite a difference whether you have to send the 12V flashing light signal directly to the plug or whether it has to be intercepted by a relay. Because of this I never plugged it in. If you can connect the turn signal, lane departure, etc. will probably also work better because it will not warn you as soon as you indicate your direction. It may also come into view when you indicate direction, which can help you determine guilt in a collision, but I'm not sure.Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Johan N. on 28 October 20205* I did have the camera built in, but after some puzzling it turned out to be an easy-to-use camera. You can change the settings both with the app and on the PC. Also turned off lane assistant otherwise you will go crazy beca...5* I did have the camera built in, but after some puzzling it turned out to be an easy-to-use camera. You can change the settings both with the app and on the PC. Also turned off lane assistant otherwise you will go crazy because you will be warned with all movements, 1 or 2 times that is fun but then no more. At first sight it looks like a fairly large camera when unpacked, but once built it does not get in the way. All in all a great camera and highly recommended. René - Allcam: Dear Johan, thank you for sharing your experience here. We do indeed hear varying reports about the ADAS. Often the system on European roads is not very accurate. Glad you're happy with the dashcam :)Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Richard on 8 January 2020It was extremely difficult to find the ideal dash cam; there are so many types and specifications, as well as price ranges, that choosing is actually impossible. In addition, most people have no experience with this (a smart p...It was extremely difficult to find the ideal dash cam; there are so many types and specifications, as well as price ranges, that choosing is actually impossible. In addition, most people have no experience with this (a smart phone is already difficult). So I chose this type, but can't really judge it neutrally. I can say that the installation was not too bad (a pity that there is always this mess with cables, which is why I did not opt for the optional rear camera). However, the PC software was not easy to find on the website; first of all, the way had to be paved between Korean and English; then I installed a download on good hopes. Finally succeeded; this software is well worth it; really clear and full of images and info. So I am satisfied; but will never know if this was the ideal option for me.Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Ruud Fr. on 31 December 2017Super camera, sharp images and easy to use the app. Also, delivery and service of Dashcamdeal were top notch, very satisfied!