Mio MiVue 798 Wifi GPS Wide QHD dashcam
The Mio MiVue 798 is one of the first Mio dashcams with 1600p Wide QHD resolution. The MiVue 798 is equipped with the high quality Sony Starvis Night vision sensor which ensures that the images are also very good in the dark. In addition to this Night vision, the MiVue 798 also has useful features such as speed camera alerts and GPS to track speed and coordinates.
The MiVue 798 is also available with the 798 Dual as a 2CH Dual dashcam with rear camera.
Sony 1600p Wide QHD Videos
The MiVue 798 stands out mainly because of its fantastic 1600p image quality in 25fps. The dashcam is equipped with the high-quality Sony Starvis CMOS image sensor. The widescreen QuadHD images are especially in the dark of very good quality so that many details are also visible at night. The resolution can also be set lower to 1440p or 1080p 30fps to save more space on the SD card.
2.7 inch LCD screen
The large 2.7-inch screen on the MiVue 798 makes it easy to view images and operate the menu.
The Mio MiVue 798 is equipped with a built-in GPS module that records coordinates and speed. As a result, the current speed is displayed on screen and it is possible to use the MiVue Manager to view the route travelled together with the images.
The Mio MiVue 798 is equipped with a convenient Advanced Driver Assistant System (ADAS). This system consists of three separate options;
- FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System that warns when a vehicle ahead is approached at high speed.
- LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System that warns when a lane change is made unnoticed.
- FA: Fatigue Alert that notifies the driver when it would be better to take a break (due to prolonged driving).
The warnings are made in the form of an audible signal. Both systems can be turned on and off separately. Please note that the use of ADAS on European roads does not always show accurate and reliable results due to the large differences in the infrastructure.
The Mio MiVue 798 is equipped with a convenient automatic parking mode to secure the car. If enabled, the parking mode is automatically activated when the power is interrupted (and continues on the internal battery for a short period of time) or when the car is stationary for 5 minutes. It can also be turned on manually by pressing the P once when a regular recording is still in progress.
The MiVue 798 has a built-in 240mAh battery on which it can continue to operate for some time if the car's ignition is turned off. Note that extended use of parking mode requires a MiVue Smartbox to power the camera when the ignition is turned off and to protect the car battery from being drained.
The Mio MiVue 798 has a built-in G-sensor. This is a sensor that detects vibrations and therefore notices when there is a collision. in that case, the current recording is stored securely on the SD card so that it cannot be erased.
128gb MicroSD support
The Mio MiVue 798 supports MicroSD cards up to 128gb. This is good for a total of about 20 hours of 1600p recordings. The loop recording means you don't have to worry about the dashcam stopping filming when the SD card is full. The oldest images are automatically deleted and overwritten with new files so the camera always continues to film.
150 degree viewing angle
The Mio MiVue 798 has a viewing angle of 150˚. A large area around the camera is therefore visible without the image being distorted too much at the sides.
Speed camera alerts
The MiVue 798 is equipped with the Mio system that warns of speed cameras. The camera has a database with the last known speed cameras, the GPS warns the driver if a speed camera is approached.
The database is updated monthly by Mio and can be used for free during the lifetime of the device.
Auto start and stop
The MiVue 798 automatically starts filming when the car is started and turns off automatically when the ignition is turned off. This requires that the cigarette power supply be connected.
- Video quality
- Wide QHD + FullHD
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- 2.7 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Super capacitor
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- no rear camera (see 798 dual version)
- Image sensor
- 9.0*4.8*3.7 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- Mio MiVue 798
Cigarette power cable (4 meter)
Quick start guide
- Posted by: Piet H. on 3 December 2022dashcam makes beautiful recordings. It has taken some time to find out for windows, unfortunately, they will be confirmed again after an update. At first it was unclear what loose foil had to be glued to the window. It was sho...dashcam makes beautiful recordings. It has taken some time to find out for windows, unfortunately, they will be confirmed again after an update. At first it was unclear what loose foil had to be glued to the window. It was shown on a youtube video. Adjusted the setting for language, etc. Unfortunately, these settings are canceled out by new firmware software. But that is manageable. I miss an app on the PC for the settingsRead moreRead less