Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect Wifi GPS dashcam
FullHD 1080p videos
This Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect records in high quality FullHD 1080p 30fps with the Sony IMX323 Exmor sensor. The quality of the videos at low light is also good for a camera in this price range. The resolution can also be set at 720p 30fps.
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect is equipped with Bluetooth. It shows notifications of certain apps like Whatsapp and Facebook in the screen. Although a nice feature in theory, we highly suggest NOT to use this function as it can distact you from driving and encourages the use of your mobile phone while driving.
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect is equipped with ADAS: Advanced Driver Assistant System. This system helps keep an eye on the road and warns the driver in critical situations. The ADAS system consists of four options that can be activated separately:
FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System gives a warning when a car ahead is approached with high speed.
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System gives a warning when the current lane is exited unnoticed.
FA: Fatigue Alert gives a warning when the driver has been driving uninterrupted for a longer time and it might be time for a brake.
Stop & Go: Gives a warning when the car in front has started driving when in a traffic jam or before a traffic light.
Note: Above systems work best in light and clear environments and depend heavily on road conditions. LCWS and LDWS only work on +60km/h and on straight A-roads. For more information and options, check this Mio page.
Optional Mio A30 rear camera
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect can be extended with the great MiVue A30 rear camera (see accessories). When installed, both cameras record simultaneously and the video files are stored separately on the same SD card. MiVue A30 rear camera also has great video quality using a Sony sensor and a 140˚ lens. It comes with an USB Y-cable and long 7 meter video cable to connect it to the MiVue 788 Touch Connect front camera.
Speed camera warnings
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect warns you when you approach a speed camera. Mio offers free monthly updates in many European countries. The updates are installed automatically. Please see this Mio page for supported countries and more information.
This Mio 733 Wifi GPS has built-in Wifi, enabling wireless video transferring between the camera and your iOS and Android phone or tablet. The Mio Pro app is available for free in the Appstore and Google Play store.
Mio GPS Manager
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect has a built-in GPS receiver to show the current speed in the video and to save all coördinates of your location. Later, the videos can be shown together with the GPS location in Google Maps using Mio’s GPS player for Windows and Mac. Check this Mio page for downloads.
Mio's Automatic parking mode
Mio dashcams have an ingenious parking mode system. When the parking mode is activated in the menu, the MiVue 788 Touch Connect will turn into parking mode automatically when the car is stationary for 5 minutes. It knows when the car is parked due to inactivity of the G-sensor. The MiVue 788 Touch Connect will turn into Motion detection, meaning it will start a short recording once a movement is detected. Alternatively, the Parking mode can also be manually activated pressing the ‘P’ button and de-activated pressing the 'Return' button.
Note: The MiVue 788 Touch Connect will also turn into parking mode on its internal battery power once the power is disconnected (when the car is turned off). However, since the internal battery is small, the MiVue 788 Touch Connect should be powered with the Mio MiVue Powerbox (see accessories) in order to provide power to the dashcam when the car is parked.
2.7 inch LCD screen
The beautiful 2.7 inch touch screen LCD screen on this Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect lets you see the current and saved recordings and makes the menu easily accessible. The MiVue 788 Touch Connect has an optional screensaver that activates after 3 minutes as to not distract the driver too much.
This MiVue 788 Touch Connect is placed on the windscreen with an easy to use suction mount. This mount makes it easy to use the dashcam in more than one vehicle.
128gb Micro SD support
This Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect supports Micro SD cards up to 128gb (not included). 128gb stores about 16 to 24 hours of FullHD 1080p 30fps recordings.
The Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect has a 140˚ wide view ‘fish-eye’ lens to make sure a big area around the car is visible and captured.
Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect has a small 240mAh built-in battery for safety reasons. The battery makes sure that the current recording can be saved on the SD card in case of a current power loss.
Note that it’s not the purpose of the battery to use the camera without being connected to the power, the battery doesn’t have enough capacity. Every dashcam should therefore always be connected to a power source in order to function properly.
The Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect has the option to make pictures. The picture mode can be accessed by longer pressing the Menu button and the pictures are stored on the SD card in a separate folder.
This Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect is equipped with loop recording so the dashcam will keep recording even when the SD card is full. Videos are stored in short files of 3, 5 or 10 minutes, when the SD card is full the oldest file will be automatically deleted so there is space for a new file. This way you are sure the last period of time is stored on the SD card, the length of this period depending on the size of the SD card.
When powered by the cigarette power plug, the Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect will start recording automatically when the car is turned on and will stop recording when the car is turned off. Note that this function will only work in cars that provide power trough the cigarette port when the ignition is on. When power is also provided when the ignition is off, the MiVue 788 Touch Connect will stay on and has to be turned on and off manually.
The built-in G-sensor in this Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect registers when you have an accident and in that case saves the current file in a special emergency folder on the SD card. Files in this folder cannot be erased by the loop recording.
This Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect has a built-in microphone. The microphone can be muted in the menu.
Date and time registration
The current time and date of the recordings are visible in the lower corner of the videos. This setting can also be turned off in the menu.
- Video quality
- FullHD (1080p)
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- 2.7 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (stationary)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 128gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Mini USB
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- No rear camera
- Image sensor
- SONY IMX323
- 8.7*5.2*3.1 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- Mio MiVue 788 Touch Connect
Mini USB car adapter (3.3m)
- Posted by: Dirksr on 7 February 2023Have difficulties connecting to Wi-Fi phone, it succeeds NOT
On my tablet succeeded but I must first do an update and is not easily passed
Add requested by the bubbling but they knew not
Must now find someone to put i...Have difficulties connecting to Wi-Fi phone, it succeeds NOT On my tablet succeeded but I must first do an update and is not easily passed Add requested by the bubbling but they knew not Must now find someone to put it on my phone So therefore I'm not really satisfied Reaction Dashcamdeal Best Dirksr, please contact us if you continue to have problems with connecting to the WiFi? We like to solve it for you.
- Posted by: Ron on 7 February 2023Great dashcam with stunning and sharp image! Purchased through Dashcamdeal. Works fine after installation in the car. Other options have yet to be tested but I am confident (;-))
- Posted by: Jan on 7 February 2023after all cheap dash cams anyway but still bought quite expensive. 1st impression was equally good and after having viewed all options connected to the PC.
software update is easy and PC app is very handy. pity the cable th...after all cheap dash cams anyway but still bought quite expensive. 1st impression was equally good and after having viewed all options connected to the PC. software update is easy and PC app is very handy. pity the cable there for the PC is not but it is easy to solve, a purchase is not expensive. The internal battery is just like the date fixed for so keep parking position is one thing. through the cigarette lighter will not unfortunately. simple solution already found, just powerbank between that recharge as you touch, and if he is off, he gives power to the dashcam only be a different cord buy can connect to the power bank, have for 10 euros you are already one of 3 meters so it is not too bad. short product with value for money. PS easy to use download prompt if you do not come there as a PDF file in the site million English and clear instructions.
- Posted by: MU on 7 February 2023He does what was promised. An installation power supply, plug it in and voila! The only disadvantage: manual!
- Posted by: Peter on 7 February 2023Many opportunities, fantastic shots while driving to parked etc
- Posted by: Jerry on 7 February 2023Very dissatisfied with the app
- Posted by: P on 7 February 2023nice thing: quickly and easily installed on it. Easy in use. Everything is done you need!
- Posted by: Kramer on 7 February 2023I am very pleased with the Mio 788 MiVue Touch Connect. I am very pleased with the quality. The long cable is useful for getting rid of this. Altogether some recommended. I find it unfortunate that you can not find anywhere el...I am very pleased with the Mio 788 MiVue Touch Connect. I am very pleased with the quality. The long cable is useful for getting rid of this. Altogether some recommended. I find it unfortunate that you can not find anywhere else then adjust the settings in the car. The only connection is the car charger. If the camera is not charged long enough you can control it at home. Furthermore it awfully happy!
- Posted by: Roberto on 7 February 2023Very happy with my purchase and the service Dashcamdeal. Good camera with clear English manual and simple menu. Image quality is also good!
- Posted by: Super helder beeld on 7 February 2023Mio good camera with lots of options and clear instructions.
- Posted by: Keisha I. on 3 November 2022Where are you?
- Posted by: Jennifer S. on 2 November 2022Where are you?