Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS FullHD dashcam
FullHD 1080p videos
This Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS records in high quality FullHD 1080p 30fps with the Sony IMX323 Exmor sensor. The quality of the videos at low light is also good for a camera in this price range. The resolution can also be set at 720p 30fps.
Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS is equipped with ADAS: Advanced Driver Assistant System. This system helps keep an eye on the road and warns the driver in critical situations. The ADAS system consists of four options that can be activated separately:
FCWS: Forward Collision Warning System gives a warning when a car ahead is approached with high speed.
LDWS: Lane Departure Warning System gives a warning when the current lane is exited unnoticed.
FA: Fatigue Alert gives a warning when the driver has been driving uninterrupted for a longer time and it might be time for a brake.
Stop & Go: Gives a warning when the car in front has started driving when in a traffic jam or before a traffic light.
Note: Above systems work best in light and clear environments and depend heavily on road conditions. LCWS and LDWS only work on +60km/h and on straight A-roads. For more information and options, check this Mio page.
Optional Mio A30 rear camera
Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS can be extended with the great MiVue A30 rear camera (see accessories). When installed, both cameras record simultaneously and the video files are stored separately on the same SD card. MiVue A30 rear camera also has great video quality using a Sony sensor and a 140˚ lens. It comes with an USB Y-cable and long 7 meter video cable to connect it to the MiVue 786 Wifi GPS front camera.
Speed camera warnings
Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS warns you when you approach a speed camera. Mio offers free monthly updates in many European countries. Please see this Mio page for supported countries and more information.
This Mio 733 Wifi GPS has built-in Wifi, enabling wireless video transferring between the camera and your iOS and Android phone or tablet. The Mio Pro app is available for free in the Appstore and Google Play store.
Mio GPS Manager
Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has a built-in GPS receiver to show the current speed in the video and to save all coördinates of your location. Later, the videos can be shown together with the GPS location in Google Maps using Mio’s GPS player for Windows and Mac. Check this Mio page for downloads.
Mio's Automatic parking mode
Mio dashcams have an ingenious parking mode system. When the parking mode is activated in the menu, the MiVue 786 Wifi GPS will turn into parking mode automatically when the car is stationary for 5 minutes. It knows when the car is parked due to inactivity of the G-sensor. The MiVue 786 Wifi GPS will turn into Motion detection, meaning it will start a short recording once a movement is detected. Alternatively, the Parking mode can also be manually activated pressing the ‘P’ button and de-activated pressing the 'Return' button.
Note: The MiVue 786 Wifi GPS will also turn into parking mode on its internal battery power once the power is disconnected (when the car is turned off). However, since the internal battery is small, the MiVue 786 Wifi GPS should be powered with the Mio MiVue Powerbox (see accessories) in order to provide power to the dashcam when the car is parked.
2.7 inch touch screen LCD screen
The beautiful 2.7 inch touch screen LCD screen on this Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS lets you see the current and saved recordings and makes the menu easily accessible. The MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has an optional screensaver that activates after 3 minutes as to not distract the driver too much.
This MiVue 786 Wifi GPS is placed on the windscreen with an easy to use suction mount. This mount makes it easy to use the dashcam in more than one vehicle.
128gb Micro SD support
This Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS supports Micro SD cards up to 128gb (not included). 128gb stores about 16 to 24 hours of FullHD 1080p 30fps recordings.
The Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has a 140˚ wide view ‘fish-eye’ lens to make sure a big area around the car is visible and captured.
Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has a small 240mAh built-in battery for safety reasons. The battery makes sure that the current recording can be saved on the SD card in case of a current power loss.
Note that it’s not the purpose of the battery to use the camera without being connected to the power, the battery doesn’t have enough capacity. Every dashcam should therefore always be connected to a power source in order to function properly.
The Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has the option to make pictures. The picture mode can be accessed by longer pressing the Menu button and the pictures are stored on the SD card in a separate folder.
This Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS is equipped with loop recording so the dashcam will keep recording even when the SD card is full. Videos are stored in short files of 3, 5 or 10 minutes, when the SD card is full the oldest file will be automatically deleted so there is space for a new file. This way you are sure the last period of time is stored on the SD card, the length of this period depending on the size of the SD card.
When powered by the cigarette power plug, the Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS will start recording automatically when the car is turned on and will stop recording when the car is turned off. Note that this function will only work in cars that provide power trough the cigarette port when the ignition is on. When power is also provided when the ignition is off, the MiVue 786 Wifi GPS will stay on and has to be turned on and off manually.
The built-in G-sensor in this Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS registers when you have an accident and in that case saves the current file in a special emergency folder on the SD card. Files in this folder cannot be erased by the loop recording.
This Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS has a built-in microphone. The microphone can be muted in the menu.
Date and time registration
The current time and date of the recordings are visible in the lower corner of the videos. This setting can also be turned off in the menu.
- Video quality
- FullHD (1080p)
- Night vision
- Mount type
- LCD screen
- 2.7 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (stationary)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 128gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Mini USB
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- No rear camera
- Image sensor
- SONY IMX323
- 8.7*5.2*3.1 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- Mio MiVue 786 Wifi GPS
Mini USB car adapter (3.3m)
- Posted by: M packet on 7 February 2023This dashcam is quickly installed on it, and gives crystal clear images. when you turn on the device it will automatically directly, it stops filming when you go to your own movies. The videos can also send it to your mobile p...This dashcam is quickly installed on it, and gives crystal clear images. when you turn on the device it will automatically directly, it stops filming when you go to your own movies. The videos can also send it to your mobile phone which is very convenient, it also shows your speed and also when you drive too fast, this product is highly recommended. (Beware this product does have a Micro SD card needed!)
- Posted by: Super helder beeld on 7 February 2023This mvue 786 Wifimet GPS is one of the better dash cams in my eyes, filming spots of charge and 1080i at 30 frames per second, which is amply sufficient.
In dark momente [eg tunnels or at night] to call the picture just ri...This mvue 786 Wifimet GPS is one of the better dash cams in my eyes, filming spots of charge and 1080i at 30 frames per second, which is amply sufficient. In dark momente [eg tunnels or at night] to call the picture just right. What I like most is the vibration-free shooting. I actually bought this dashcam to take on holiday, so I our upcoming road trip can capture, beautiful of course, is that you can see right through the free software MiVue Manafer 9gratis tre downloaden0 where you drove. For me is the best.
- Posted by: M P. on 21 October 2020This dashcam is quickly installed and provides crystal clear images. when the device is switched on, it automatically records immediately, it automatically stops filming when you go to your videos yourself. You can also send t...This dashcam is quickly installed and provides crystal clear images. when the device is switched on, it automatically records immediately, it automatically stops filming when you go to your videos yourself. You can also send the videos to your mobile phone, which is very handy, it also displays your speed and also indicates when you are driving too fast, this product is definitely recommended. (beware, this product does need a micro sd!)
- Posted by: Gusher on 21 October 2020This mvue 786 WiFi with GPS is one of the better dash cams in my opinion, films flawlessly at 1080i and at 30 frames per second, which is more than enough. Even in dark moments [for example tunnels or at night] the image is si...This mvue 786 WiFi with GPS is one of the better dash cams in my opinion, films flawlessly at 1080i and at 30 frames per second, which is more than enough. Even in dark moments [for example tunnels or at night] the image is simply good. What I like most is the flicker-free recordings. I actually bought this dashcam to take with me on vacation, so that I can record our upcoming road trip, the great thing about this is of course that you can see exactly where you drove via the free MiVue Manager software (free download). Totally great for me. René - Allcam: Dear Gusher, thank you for your review and we are very pleased that you are satisfied with your MiVue dashcam.