KENWOOD DRV-A601W 64gb Wifi GPS 4K dashcam
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W is the flagship model of the KENWOOD dash cams. This fantastic dashcam films with razor-sharp 4K image quality, has built-in WiFi and GPS and there is the possibility to connect the Quad HD KCA-R200 rear camera.
This KENWOOD DRV-A601W films with super sharp 4K image quality (3840x2160p) in 30fps. Using the 8.3 Megapixel image sensor, all details such as license plates and persons are clearly visible. This DRV-A601W also performs very well in the dark. When the optional rear camera is connected, the DRV-A601W films in 2x Quad HD quality.
View files wirelessly with Wifi
Using the free KENWOOD Dash cam Manager for iOS and Android, all recorded files of the DRV-A601W can be viewed wirelessly via your phone or tablet. You can also adjust settings in the menu on the KENWOOD App and you can view live recordings. Files you have downloaded on your phone can also be viewed together with the GPS information in Google maps and be instantly shared on social media.
3.0 inch Touchscreen LCD
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W has a bright and large 3.0 inch Touchscreen screen. The videos are displayed on the screen and the screen also gives access to the user friendly menu. The Touchscreen LCD makes the KENWOOD DRV-A601W very user-friendly and easy to operate. There is a screen saver on the dash cam that automatically switches off the screen after a certain period of time, so that the driver is not hindered too much.
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W has a built-in GPS module. The GPS module makes that the current speed is displayed on the screen and videos and keeps track of the coordinates of the places where the cam recorded. This makes it possible later to see exactly where certain recordings were made with the included KENWOOD Video Player.
Optional Quad HD rear camera
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W can be expanded with the KCA-R200 Quad HD rear camera that can be mounted on the rear window. The rear camera is connected to the front camera via an included 8-meter cable. The cameras record simultaneously and the images are stored separately on the SD card.
The image of the rear camera is displayed on the LCD screen via PiP (Picture in Picture). When the rear camera is connected, both cameras film with Quad HD resolution. The KCA-R200 has a viewing angle of 161˚ and can be rotated 180˚ so that it can always be properly aimed at the road.
Due to the parking mode on the KENWOOD DRV-A601W, the dashcam automatically starts recording when a vibration is detected by the G-sensor. This way you always have proof when someone hits your parked car.
Note: To use the parking position, the dashcam must be connected with the CA-DR1030 Hardwire kit.
Including CPL filter
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W comes with a CPL filter. The CPL filter protects the lens and unnecessary and harmful radiation is filtered out of the image. Especially with excessive sun, this benefits the video quality a lot. The CPL filter works as a kind of Polaroid sunglasses for the lens.
Suction and sticker mount
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W is supplied with a suction and sticker mount. The mount with sticker is more or less permanently mounted in the car and the suction mount can be easily removed from the car. This way it's very easy to use the dashcam in multiple vehicles.
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W has a smart magnet attachment that allows it to be removed from the car and mounted in an instant. By placing one of the mounts to the window, you can easily remove the dashcam from the car without having to remove the mount from the window every time.
Durable super capacitor
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W is equipped with a super capacitor battery. This battery ensures that the camera can shut down properly after the power is cut. Super capacitor batteries have been specially developed for use in dash cams because they are more durable than regular Polymer Li-ion batteries and are more resistant to high and low temperatures. Please note that due to the use of a super capacitor the dashcam CANNOT be used without a power source and immediately switches off when the power is turned off.
130˚ viewing angle lens
This KENWOOD DRV-A601W has a modest viewing angle of 130˚ so that a large area around the car is recorded while at the same time the image on the sides is not distorted too much. The optional KCA-R200 rear camera has a wider viewing angle of 161˚.
Thanks to the HDR (High Dynamic Range) on this KENWOOD DRV-A601W, the video brightness is always right. HDR ensures that the images are always properly displayed in too much or too little light so that most details are visible.
Thanks to the built-in G-sensor, the dashcam notices when you have had an accident. In the event of an impact, images are automatically stored securely so that they are no longer lost due to the loop recording. They can no longer be overwritten and cannot be deleted via the dashcam.
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W has a built-in microphone so that sound is also recorded. The microphone can be easily turned on and off in the camera's menu.
Date / Time / Badge watermark
The date, time and license plate number can be displayed at the bottom of each video of the KENWOOD DRV-A601W. This makes it easier for fleet managers to see which recordings were made with which vehicles. This also can be of decisive importance in assessing situations and determining the cause of an accident by the police or insurance company.
Includes 64GB MicroSD card
The KENWOOD DRV-A601W supports MicroSD cards up to 256GB and comes with a 64GB MicroSD card included. With the included 64GB card, about 8 hours of FullHD recordings can be stored.
- Video quality
- True 4K (3840p) 30fps
- Night vision
- Very good
- Mount type
- Suction + Adhesive
- LCD screen
- 3.0 inch
- Touch screen
- Parking mode (Motion detection)
- Only impact
- Parking mode (Time lapse)
- Parking mode activation
- Automatically (stationary)
- Cloud trough Wifi hotspot
- Cloud trough Sim card
- HDMI/AV out
- CPL filter option
- CPL included
- Loop recording
- Memory capacity
- Max 256gb
- Memory type
- Micro SD
- Mini USB
- Power supply
- Mini USB
- Super capacitor
- 1CH (2CH optional)
- Front lens angle
- Rear lens angle
- 161˚ (optional)
- Image sensor
- 1/1.8 CMOS
- 10.6 x 5.0 x 4.0 cm
- 2 years
- What's included?
- KENWOOD DRV-A601W
64gb MicroSD card
Cigar power cable (4m)
USB cable (1m)
Extra stickers (2)
Cable clips (4pc)
- Posted by: Audio R. on 29 June 2021Great camera, beautiful images, I just didn't realize that the 64GB only offers space for 90 minutes of 4K recording. As a result, I missed images that I needed. These had already been deleted due to space limitations. I recom...Great camera, beautiful images, I just didn't realize that the 64GB only offers space for 90 minutes of 4K recording. As a result, I missed images that I needed. These had already been deleted due to space limitations. I recommend a 265 GB, then you have at least 6 hours of recording. Henk Wijga Audio Rent
- Posted by: Frie on 17 January 2021Great device, meets expectations. Recommended! René - Allcam: Glad to hear that you are satisfied Frie and thank you for sharing your experience!
- Posted by: Rr on 18 December 2020Great device with very sharp images, only downloading to the phone takes time. You only do that if necessary, top product. René - Allcam: Thank you for your review RR. Downloading via WiFi can indeed take longer. This is actua...Great device with very sharp images, only downloading to the phone takes time. You only do that if necessary, top product. René - Allcam: Thank you for your review RR. Downloading via WiFi can indeed take longer. This is actually the case with every dashcam and is because the files are very large. It is often faster to put the SD in the computer or to connect the dashcam to your PC with USB.
- Posted by: Stefan on 27 November 2020Very satisfied with the device and also with the support via Whatsapp afterwards. Sales and support if there are any questions .... just great!
- Posted by: P on 12 September 2020It works well and the picture is clear and easy to set up and install. Top camera.
- Posted by: Grigore on 16 August 2020Excellent video images! Rear images worth the price!
- Posted by: Gerrit on 11 August 2020Fair price, very fast delivery. Recommended!
- Posted by: Pascal L. on 28 July 2020Everything to your liking. I have a problem, is it my fault???? you can't read the license plates. Who can help me? Doesn't want to connect to my cell phone either.
- Posted by: Gerard on 26 July 2020Perfect images and very easy operation. Everyone should have this dashcam in their car.
- Posted by: Pietro N. on 14 May 2020was allowed to try this dash cam and my findings are very POSITIVE. * It is practical and very beautiful * Record your car rides from now on with this great dash cam. Much better than other chinese brands. * Screen of 3 inch i...was allowed to try this dash cam and my findings are very POSITIVE. * It is practical and very beautiful * Record your car rides from now on with this great dash cam. Much better than other chinese brands. * Screen of 3 inch is very good and very clear to see even during the day - * Makes beautiful video, also at night * Easy to connect by means of a very strong magnet. --------- Disadvantage is the power cable via the cigarette plug. (with a separate mini usb-usb would be better. To use the parking function you have to supply the power either via the power bank or with the power in the car through the extra kit. * It is recommended. Kenwood is a well-known brand name that make such products - The 4K function is not necessary in my opinion - you must have a high speed micro sd card U3 to use 4K, the Kenwood DRV501 is just as good (only without 4K).
- Posted by: Michael on 8 May 2020Delivered quickly and neatly. The cam comes with many accessories, super complete with polarization filter, suction cup bracket and an adhesive bracket. The image is also rotatable and various cables USB and for the cigarette ...Delivered quickly and neatly. The cam comes with many accessories, super complete with polarization filter, suction cup bracket and an adhesive bracket. The image is also rotatable and various cables USB and for the cigarette lighter. Very satisfied.
- Posted by: Pasval on 16 March 2020Very extensive dashcam with super image quality and accessories. Also records well in the dark. The only drawback is the parking mode that only works on vibration and not on Motion or Time lapse.