Gnet G-ON1 2CH FullHD Cloud Wifi GPS 32gb dashcam
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud is one of the first dashcams with Cloud technology and certainly one with the best value for money. The Cloud technology allows images to be stored in the Cloud via an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot so you can log into the camera from a remote location. Besides this option, the G-ON1 Cloud delivers exceptionally good performance and comes very complete with Continuous power supply, GPS module and Wifi dongle.
The best thing about this Gnet G-ON1 Cloud is the ability to connect to the dashcam from anywhere in the world. You can connect the Gnet G-ON1 Cloud to the internet via an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot. Via the WithCloud app, you can then watch live updates from the dashcam and receive notifications of events. This allows you to always keep an eye on your car, wherever you are.
With the optional SIM Wifi adapter (see accessories), you can easily create an in-car Wifi hotspot. You insert a SIM card with mobile data plan into the SIM adapter and connect it in the car via USB. You then simply connect the Gnet G-ON1 Cloud to the Wifi network via the App so that the dashcam is connected to the internet.
Accessible via the App or PC, the WithCloud system is a comprehensive Fleet management system with the following options:
- Live streaming of images
- Live GPS tracking
- Parking position notifications
- Driver reports (driving time, behaviour etc.)
- Geo-fencing (virtual location Barrier)
The free WithCloud account allows unlimited Live remote viewing and has 2GB of Cloud storage. You can also watch back up to 10 minutes of saved footage, footage is stored for up to 2 days. For unlimited access and more storage, paid subscriptions are available from $10 per month.
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud is equipped with Wifi to allow images within about 10 metres to be viewed on the phone. Images can be viewed and downloaded via the freely available app, eliminating the need to remove the SD card from the camera. By viewing the files via Wifi instead of the Cloud, you won't lose any data via the SIM card.
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud comes with external GPS antenna. This GPS module allows the speed to be displayed on screen and also keeps track of the coordinates of the places filmed. This makes it possible to later use the supplied software to see exactly where certain recordings were made.
FullHD 60fps + FullHD 30fps
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud films with sharp FullHD 1080p resolution in 60fps at the front and FullHD 30fps at the back. The 60fps means the footage is very smooth and many details such as license plates and people are recognisable in the picture.
The rear camera is connected to the front camera with a long supplied 6-metre cable and also receives power through this cable, so no additional power supply is needed. A 9-metre cable for the rear camera is available for longer vehicles (see accessories).
Automatic Time Lapse parking mode
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud has a convenient automatic Time Lapse parking mode function to secure the car when it is parked. In this Time Lapse mode, the camera takes two photos every second and this is later played back as accelerated video.
Because of the Time Lapse mode, the videos do not take up too much space and can therefore be recorded for a very long time without filling up the SD card. Combined with the supplied Continuous power supply, the parking mode automatically switches on when the car's ignition is switched off and normal recording starts again when the car is started.
Automatic Low Voltage Cut-off
To use parking mode, the dashcam needs to be connected with the supplied Continuous power supply. As a result, the Gnet G-ON1 Cloud dashcam has a built-in low voltage cut-off system. This system allows the dashcam to notice when the car's battery is in danger of running low and, in that case, immediately turns off the camera. So you don't have to worry about ending up with a dead battery. The voltage can be set via the App or PC viewer to 11.3/11.5/11.8/12.0/12.3V
The ADAS 2.0 system on this Gnet G-ON1 Cloud is a built-in 'Advanced Driver Assistant System'. This system supports the driver while driving in three ways:
FCWS: 'Forward Collision Warning System'. This system issues a warning when approaching a vehicle in front at high speed. The system alerts, for example, when there is a traffic jam in front of the car. With a good GPS signal, the current speed is known and the camera can make a good assessment of the situation around the car.
LDWS: 'Lane Departure Warning System'. When the car is in danger of changing lanes on the motorway, the camera can give a signal.
FVSA: 'Forward Vehicle Start Alarm'. Do you also sometimes fail to pay attention when standing at traffic lights? This system gives a warning when a vehicle ahead starts to move away, for example at a traffic light or in a traffic jam.
*The ADAS system works better in some locations than others depending on the type of (highway) road. On narrow roads, for example, the LDWS system can sound an alarm faster than on wide roads. Our personal experience is that on European roads, the system often issues an alert too quickly, which can sometimes make it feel like a nuisance.
The G-ON1 Cloud's camera swivels 90 degrees and can therefore always be properly aimed at the road.
Including 32gb Micro SD card
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud supports MicroSD cards up to 512gb, making it unique. It comes standard with a 32gb Micro SD card, this is good for around 6 hours of FullHD recording (with rear camera so 2x 3 hours).
Optional OBD power supply
As an alternative to the standard continuous power supply supplied, it is also possible to connect the G-ON1 Cloud with the Plug&Play OBD plug. You simply plug the connector into the car's OBD input, and after connecting it, the G-ON1 Cloud automatically switches on and off from parking mode when you turn the car's ignition on and off.
Optional cigarette power supply
It is also possible to use the optionally available cigarette power supply for easier installation. With this, the dashcam will automatically switch on and off with the car ignition. Please note that parking mode using the cigarette power supply will therefore no longer work.
If you do not want to connect the dashcam to the car's fuse box but still want to use parking mode, you should use either the OBD power supply mentioned above or a Cellink Battery pack (see accessories). This allows you to easily power the dashcam when the car is parked.
160˚ + 150˚ wideview lens
This Gnet G-ON1 Cloud has a wide-angle lens of 160 degrees at the front and 150 at the rear. This captures a very large area around the car
H.265 HEVC compression
This Gnet G-ON1 Cloud stores super sharp video footage on the SD card with the latest H.265 HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding). In short, this means that the dashcam uses less memory than other FullHD dashcams. So the files are indeed of the best quality but do not take up too much memory on the MicroSD card.
Because of the built-in G-sensor, the dashcam notices when you have had an accident. Upon impact, images are automatically saved securely so they are no longer lost. They can no longer be overwritten or deleted via the dashcam.
The Gnet G-ON1 Cloud has a built-in microphone so that sound is also recorded. The microphone can also be turned off if required.
Date and time recording
The current time and date are always displayed on screen so that it can later be shown at what time the relevant recordings were made.
- Posted by: Bas on 14 October 2022Good dashcam with many options. Especially useful is the notifications when starting and turning off the car for parking. Images are also of good quality.
- Posted by: R.evertse on 30 December 2021Easy to install. However, no GPS connection and G-Synccloud cannot be logged in. That's a pity, that was the reason to buy the dashcam with cloud capabilities.
- Posted by: Richard E. on 30 December 2021Installing goes well is easy, however, no GPS, no 60fps, only 50 GPS can be set. And not lied in the app of the G-Synccloud so you can't log in remotely. Bought this device because of the cloud function. Shame..
- Posted by: José L. on 29 October 2020very nice and high-quality dashcam, easy to install, and flawless operation. The app is very extensive and especially the options for logging in remotely are great. Am very satisfied so far. René - Allcam: Dear José Luis, than...very nice and high-quality dashcam, easy to install, and flawless operation. The app is very extensive and especially the options for logging in remotely are great. Am very satisfied so far. René - Allcam: Dear José Luis, thank you for your review and it is great to hear that you are satisfied with your G-on dashcam.Read moreRead less
- Posted by: Derrick on 1 September 2020Purchased this G-net dashcam after frequent contact with Allcam. Experience so far nothing but positive. The Cloud works very handy and the camera comes very complete with SD and Hardwire kit. Installation is a bit of work, bu...Purchased this G-net dashcam after frequent contact with Allcam. Experience so far nothing but positive. The Cloud works very handy and the camera comes very complete with SD and Hardwire kit. Installation is a bit of work, but that is the case with every dashcam. Big 10 for the service too!Read moreRead less